View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 11:41 PM
crafty55

i am a life long seamstress (use to make wedding dresses even) BUT...i never tried quilting. last fall i decided to make christmas quilts and got online to teach myself as much as i could. I took some clues from some pictures, but except for one quilt that had a specility print fabric, i pretty much free worked the tops. I was already to quilt, when i could not find a extension table fast enough for my babylock esante sewing machine, so i had to give them out unfinished. I still dont have the extension table, but for the last few weeks i have been hand quilting my sons quilt first. I really want to learn how to free motion for the rest of them, and hope to work myself up to a sewing machine that i think will work better for quilting. when i get off the computer, i will go to my phone so i can then insert front pictures of the quilts i made. (the owl print quilt basically ended up having a front on both sides because i had to piece fabrics to fit the back).

oh...and one of them was the first quilt i started, a crazy quilt because i wanted to just use fabrics that i already knew i had on hand.

but i love boards, and i know i could really use a quilting Sherpa on my side!!!!! thank you in advance (deborah) oh, i live in escondido, which is kind of san diego area! I also am a polymer clay and beading expert, i would gladly share skills!