Old 02-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Geri B

Ok, here is what I do....rectangle and two squares( which will be the HSTs). These squares are 1/2" length of that rec. ex. Rec 3x6, sq(2)@ 3x3. Then I draw that diagonal line corner to corner on those sqs. Set on top of rec., sew one thread width to the right of that drawn line, fold over and PRESS down, there are 3pieces of fab at that corner, with scissors cut only that middle at 1/4" from seam line leaving the base and the new HST there. Most of the time, for me anyway, there will be a slight variance on those edges....use the rectangle piece edges as your guide when joining these to other parts of block. Btw, I do this to one side, then proceed to other side of rect. Also when joining to other parts, make sure you sew one thread width (again) from the point of that V that you created on the first process...to the right of that V---which is your point when turned right side out.....I think it's sewing that smidge away from the V is the secret...works for me hope it will help someone.......I am not afraid of FG!