View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
sarahrachel

Default I think this counts as a finished UFO

About a year or so ago I was flipping though some old quiltmaker magazines and I saw a pattern for a chatelaine which I thought kind of looked like something my grandmother would have used. But I started thinking about when I hand quilt, everything I need is never within reach. So I decided to make it, I copied enough of the paper piecing blocks and dove right in. But after doing two of the two inch blocks I was getting frustrated with the tiny pieces and the thought of making 14 more that size and 16 a half inch smaller got to me and I threw it in my sewing box and forgot about it. Yesterday I pulled it back out but instead of making all those little blocks, I just used 2" and 1 1/2" squares to save my sanity.

I'm quite happy with it, I have everything I need to hand quilt handy, and yes, chap stick is part of my quilting kit. I have two pockets, a magnet (where the safety pin is), a needle holder, and a pin cushion along with my scissors and thread.

The last step was to add snaps but all I could find were hooks and loops so I used them instead. Of course, once I was done, I found my snaps so I can always go back and add those if the hooks don't work. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails quilty-007.jpg   quilty-009.jpg   quilty-010.jpg   quilty-012.jpg   quilty-013.jpg