View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:19 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by vjengels
Oh QBeth! you always sounded like such a nice person! and now you talk about decluttering, and getting rid of things?! Is someone making you say that? LOL! I'm with you, my sewing room is less than 10x10.. maybe closer to 9x9, and 8 foot table fills most of a wall; but I vote for the safety of higher ground.
Well, thank you, that starts my day off just right! I had thought of adding a disclaimer in my original post about the decluttering, something to the effect "do as I say, not as I do!" :)

My sewing room is also about 10'x10' and I've found that limiting my space helps me decide on how much to spend on my quilting. My stash is about to outgrow storage capacity and I already own every gizmo and gadget made (I'm old & moldy so I've had time to accumulate). With all the sales right now, both in stores and on-line, I had to put a stop to my spending (didn't go overboard, thankfully that's not me). When the sewing stuff (fabric, thread, notions) started overflowing into the living room, I said enough is enough!

Another plus for using both spaces is the ability to host Friday night UFO parties; put a few long folding banquest-style tables and some chairs in the basement area and you're all set to go! I also vote for upstairs due to the improbable but possible danger of another flood/whatever and losing my stash, machines, and such. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers!