View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 11:30 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

Default Morse Apollo 2600 DoA

This poor thing .. was given to me last sat.

it was left in a rental house 9 years ago and missing the slide plate. The new renter only used it as a table, now she is moving and gave it to me.

other than the normal dust it was as clean as new. but stiff and would barely run under power, I gave it a shot of my marvelous mystery oil . powered it up holy molly. That made it worst wouldn't even turn over ( WTH ?). check it over again , nope she's clean, feed dogs are full of link, so it's well used.

back to hand turning and power, bam it starts running, picks up speed , starts running like a top.

I thread it, and sew, go through all the functions. it never misses a beat very quite and smooth.

BUTT, the presser foot is weak and on a slight angle. we know how to fix that,

loosen the screw and that part moves down, (dang should have removed the presser spring first). I get the set up part back up. tighten that, the foot is still on a angle and very little pressure.

I put it on the side, till sunday . when I loosen the set screw again, same thing it pushes down and have a very hard time getting that back up, so I start taking the presser system a part to see whats happening. dang it all to h$$. The part with the set screw is broken.

it's the part that keeps the foot straight, the spring pushes down on and the foot lift works on .. simple little pot metal part.

it also missing the push button on the light and one screw at the spool pins.

it was a cool machine, the light also lights up the dash panel LOL. I has a few built in patterns, what was fun was being able to control those via the ZZ lever while sewing.

The machine was made by toyota, when you look at the broken part, it looks as if it was made to fail. where it's broke , it's very thin and almost looks like a per made fracture line cast in.

so fubar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509571[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0544.jpg   100_0542.jpg