Thread: Border-phobia
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Onetomatoplant

Originally Posted by ocydroma View Post
Thanks everyone!! She says that I need to upgrade my machine because it's a brother. I have never seen in my life and wanted to learn to make a quilt. IMO it was stupid for me to spend $1000+ on a machine that I didn't even know if it was something I would enjoy doing doing. I really like my machine. It's easy to operate has a few extra bells and whistles. She has higher end machines but what I have suits me just fine. I'm not going out and buying something else. I have just come to the conclusion she's a very controlling person.

I appreciate everyone making me feel more at ease. In theory, I know how I'm suppose to do borders but I guess she really has me questioning my abilities. I have been in my sewing room getting the fabric I have purchased for borders for my tops with the tops to dive in and work on it. Hopefully after getting through the first one, I can be more confident.
Keep your Brother until you feel you want/need something more. Don't let anyone pressure you into going whole-hog on a sewing machine.