Old 02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
ShannonC

I am new to this community. I have been scouring the internet looking for answers and not finding what I need. Let me start with a brief history of my two machines. My Grandmother gave me her 1955 Singer 15-91 when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I used to sew barbie clothes on it and sadly that was the last it's been in action until recently. Now I'm 40 and working on getting this beautiful and sadly neglected machine up and running again. I've also acquired my Grandmother-In-Law's 1954 Kenmore 117.552. It has been in a nicotine tomb for 60 years. The cabinet is in the progress of being cleaned and I've just completed cleaning the sewing machine itself. Who knew the machine was a beautiful dark green-blue?!! SOOO here is my question...

Where can I find wick replacements for this machine? What kind of grease should I use? And how much grease should I use? I removed the grease caps to see what if anything might be lurking in there. I found original wicks and not a lick of grease. I am going to assume that the motor hasn't been greased since the factory.

I have replacement wicks for the Singer that I bought from Sew-Classic. I have not greased it yet either, not knowing what kind of grease and how much to apply.

If anyone has some insight for me, I'd be most appreciative!