Old 02-12-2015, 09:52 PM
kiffie2413

Vitality,
I had a pkg I sent to Jaba go mia, first (and only, so far) time it's ever happened.. As far as she and I know, its still mia. What made it worse is she'd sent me some extra fabrics I'd admired, and I'd enclosed extras in her pkg (like 2 yrds extra).
And even though I sent the pkg priority mail, and it supposedly had the insurance, it didn't do an iota of good. I've written to the post office, Jaba's checked with them. I filed a "lost pkg" complaint. Basically all I got was a "Sorry, but we can't do anything...". reply. So I resent her another pkg, thankfully she got it.

SheriR,
I know how hard that must've been for you to have to call her up about what she should've already paid you. I don't mean to be rude, but sometimes I'm astonished at the audacity of some people. And also at how people who don't quilt don't realize how much time it takes, and what that time would be equal to monetarily. Not to mention fabrics, batting, threads, needles, etc. costs... There's no way to reimburse someone their actual costs, as it really would be expensive if a quilter charged the REAL prices..
If I'd been her, I would've probably said, "Oh my gosh, I forgot...". But I wouldn't have added the thought you were giving them to me part... Honestly saying that would've embarrassed me.

Ellie,
Happy to give you a laugh!!

Regards all,
Kif