View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 01:52 AM
kiffie2413

Hi and welcome!
Honestly, if you make sure and pre wash your fabrics, pin the heck out of them, and stitch using a walking foot it's not hard at all. Believe me, I'm not a professional quilter by any means. If I can do it, you can do it. The best advice I got was use plenty of pins.
If you aren't doing the "birthing method" to put it together, I use 505 baste spray. That's the ONLY brand I use on my stuff. It doesn't gum up my needles, machine, etc. It has no odor, so I can spray it inside (I do still raise windows, tho truly I can't smell a thing when spraying).
It's a lil more expensive, but I buy it by the case on sewforless.com. And it's a huge bargain that way.
The cans are red, and I think in French, but it's the exact same as the 505 spray in the yellow and blue can that's smaller and more expensive.
If and or when you decide to make this blanket, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me, and I'll be happy to help you if I can.
After I made this one, my son married, and a couple of years later I got to make it in the smaller version for my new grandson. It was fun and cute, too.
Regards,
Kif