View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 04:10 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
If you were given 31 WOF 2 1/2" strips, all the same, what would you make with them? The fabric is a lavender paisley, with a grey, not quite pink, and not quite burgundy background.
I was just writing to a quilting friend that I have to cut some 2-1/2" strips today -- I ran out of binding for a quilt. That's another idea. I think a multi-colored binding on a quilt with a solid border would be lovely. Unfortunately for me I have multi-colored 5x5 charm packs for my border and needed a solid binding. But I think your color combination would be perfect for binding. Also, if I have extra fabric, I will make binding, tie it down with a ribbon and put it in the drawer marked "Binding" (so I don't lose it)!!!!!!! And save it so I don't have to go out and buy fabric for binding. My mother made binding out of leftover fabric she made in a quilt for me. It is a Sampler and the colors match so beautifully. It was a fantastic lesson for me to learn - that being that leftover pieces of the quilt can be used in binding. Smart Cookie that mother of mine. The minister of her church told us that Mom was the gatekeeper at the Pearly Gates. And I am sure she's binding something sitting there greeting her friends. Edie