Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
So you ladies are so sweet and I think we all understand each other. I knew going into making these quilts that I'd never get full value out of the project. It was a work of joy really. That being said....I even made my own niece buy fabric when she asked me to make her a quilt. I just feel it's important for one to participate partly to appreciate this kind of request. Am I making sense? With that said here are the quilts I made. The children's mother passed away four years ago, unexpectedly. My friend has been their step mom ever since. She does appreciate the feel and meaning of a quilt. She actually just wanted me to make a label to put on a fleece throw for them. "That they can even keep in college." I told her fleece wouldn't last. And I made these. I've never made a log cabin. Or quilted free motion baptist fans. Or a few other firsts these two beauties hold. I'm showing all y'all because I'm so very proud of them. They're both close to 65" square....ish.
Sheri, these quilts are beautiful. You did a wonderful job. Piecing and quilting are gorgeous.