Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
For my personal use, I like to have things on paper.

I think one could get a three ring binder with the clear pockt pages to put ideas in.

Maybe divide it into sections: designs - cutting - triangle trick - color - whatever one has a special interest in

Keep the things that worked especially well - weed out the ones that were tried but did not work so well.

I am thinking of something like one's favorite recipes file or notebook.

I am sure there are books and videos with helpful hints. But sval used the word "all" - don' t think that one will ever happen. Something new is always being discovered and old ways are being revisited.

For me, a whole section on how to make flying geese would be useful.

There are some things I look up over and over - it would be smart of me to copy those pages - mark them with my personal notes - and keep them in one place.

This is what have done. I've created my own "how-to" book on methods. It's a 3-ring binder with dividers. Just yesterday I looked up "binding" in it. I've bound many quilts but it helps to have those pictures and hints ready, just in case.

But, of course, I realize the suggestion to make your own doesn't help you at the moment. A good all purpose short cuts book is a great idea and I can't believe there aren't some out there.