Old 02-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Homemother

Default Out of my comfort zone with a pillow cover

This is not exactly quilty - but it was piecing. My friend had seven pieces of her husband's Scotish wool plaid. She really wanted them attached to a favorite pillow. So, she asked me for help. I suggested making a pillow cover. Never making a pillow before, I didn't realize how tricky it was going to be for me. I tried to look at patterns to understand how it was done, and after several attempts, I thought I understood and jumped right in.

The pieces were not square, so I centered them the best I could: Three across the center with two above and two below. Also, I did not want to trim any of the plaid, so I made a lining and tacked the plaid down before sewing it shut.

Wow. I made a lot of wrong turns with the lining. However, in the end it worked out ok. Don't know if I'll make another pillow or not. It was more complicated because of the lining, but I thought the best route to go with it was to have it. Besides, the pillow she gave me is burlap and the thought of that burlap rubbing against the outer material gave me bad thoughts. LOL.

Here is the result:
Attached Thumbnails untitled-0-00-01-10.jpg   untitled-0-00-01-25.jpg   untitled-0-00-00-21.jpg