View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 05:08 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by callen View Post
I had a pkg. of jelly roll strips that I was not "in love" with. I saw a tutorial on MSQC & followed her instructions. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the tute was called but it was pretty straight forward. I took 4 strips & joined together - I then cut them into squares (obviously by the width of the joined strips) - laid 1 square on top of the other but with strips going in the opposite direction - sewed 1/4" around the outside edge - cut them diagonally from corner to corner (basically cutting a big X ) & you end up with 4 smaller squares. Square them up & then you can join them to make your block in whatever configuration that you prefer. Looks scrappy but somewhat controlled scrappy. Hope this helps. I have to say that I quite like the finished quilt top & I did not like the jelly roll strips when I received them. You never know how things will look until you're done. What a surprise I got from strips that I did not like at the start.
The quilt you are looking for is: Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt by Three Dudes. These three guys have a quilt shop I think in Arizona. The pattern is so easy and so amazing.