View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but don't have time to read thru 150 pages. I have a Brother Quattro6000 that is being horribly underutilized. Being in a small(ish) town, the store I got it from is not equippped to instruct. That and the fact that it's not the latest model anymore.

Anyway, I wanted to be able to embroider quilting patterns onto quilts, but don't know how to set up the quilt. Do I hoop it in a regular hoop? Use stabilizer? Haven't the slightest idea how to even start. I bought a lot of patterns on line that would fit into a 4 or 6 inch square that I'm anxious to use.

Anyone know where I can find instructions (since those that came with the machine do not even begin to address this), how-to videos, hints, advice, anything? How do you handle the weight of the quilt on the machine to allow it to move? Would appreciate anything I can get. Like I said, it's a shame the machine is so underutilized, especially since it cost more than the long-arm sit-down machine I just bought. lol Does anyone know if there are magnetic hoops that would fit this machine (can't find online).