Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by Brazen
Vellum paper ladies! I need some quick advice please... I just went to Staples and they do not have the exact vellum paper you all said to get. They have one pack and it's inkjet white, 50 sheets, 29 lb for $12.95.

I bought it as it's the only thing they have, but I can return it if you all say that will not work at all.

I ran to Office Depot real quick and they only have 1 choice as well, and it's 30 lb. paper, 50 sheets, $9.99.
Return it, I bought some at Staples not for paper pieceing however and 29 lb is too heavy. I tried it when I first learned about the vellium paper. The weight needs to be around 17 I think. I know anything 20 or higher is too heavy.
I got some at Staples also and thought it felt a lot heavier than the paper Klue so kindly sent me samples of. Won't that be nice if this is the reason BR2 and the center strip in E-12 made me crazy and didn't turn out right? I'm glad I ordered the paper from the RaNae store Klue recommended. I almost didn't, thinking I have fifty sheets which will carry me. Now I wait for delivery, try Carol Doaks which jams, or work on that lovely applique piece D3 that I can practice being a cozy quilter with. I'm not experienced with applique but thought when I took the class for this project that it is very relaxing.
It's like a winter wonderland here in Chicago. I love it! Have a good day girls!