View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 06:45 AM
applique

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
What Thimblebug is working on is a Teflon applique sheet. This allows you to remove the fusible backing, place it where you want it (pattern underneath the Teflon) and press in place. Once you have a section fused together, you can peel it off the teflon and move it to your background fabric. Follow your instructions on the order of the pieces to lay down first.
Awesome eagle Thimblebug!
I do a lot of these because they are fun for me. I usually enlarge them so I can stitch down each piece. If doing the raw edge, it helps me to use Fray Block first to help control the fraying at least a bit and using tightly woven batiks helps too. The overlay is great for placement of the pieces on top of other pieces. Since my quilts are satin stitched then washed, I often use a dot of glue to hold pieces during assembly. Toni's patterns have generous "tuck under" edges so there should be no spaces between pieces since they overlap not abut. I think I still have some info on my blog here on the board that might be helpful. Have fun, it is similar to putting a puzzle together but more rewarding with the end result.