View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Snooze2978

After having my 1st and only commissioned quilt quilted by someone else and after getting it back, she didn't do as I had asked and this was just simple meandering no less, I decided I could do that on my own. So when a friend of mine was going to check out the Viking MegaQuilter 9" I tagged along. That was the start of owning my own quilt machine. I added the PCQ robotics to my system, the moved up to the MQR retrofit, then to a stretched Juki 98Q till finally finished up with a Innova 26" on a 12 foot frame (previously had 10ft) and upgraded the MQR for the Big Boys. I quilt only for myself but my quilts are gifts for others. Have yet to make a quilt for one of my own beds yet. Yes, its an investment to say the least but I'm very happy how I got here starting small and working my way up. Didn't know if I'd even like to quilt but obviously the quilt bug got me good. Now I have my entire basement designated for sewing/quilting.

I wasn't even in the market to upgrade to this last machine but when I went to my 1st quilt show and got to test out a larger machine, I was hooked. I'm retired so on a limited budget and I seem to be kept poor with my hobby but I'm a happy camper just the same. My quilt gifts give others enjoyment when they receive one as they never know they're getting one till I lay it in their hands...............plus with it being so cold this winter, they do enjoy using it right now.