View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:23 AM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Copywrites are a slippery slope for sure. The Magic Tiles issue--her son is a lawyer--enough said.
And every lawyer knows it is best to try to get what you want without going to court, especially if trying to enforce an interpretation vs actual rule of law. I laughed (good kind) at your comment because it seems these days everyone's son or daughter is a lawyer and reminded me of visiting my mother in a senior living place years ago. In the community room my mother introduced me one by one to each of the people and each time my mother introduced me afterwards she would whisper, "Her son is a lawyer." The last lady she introduced me to, Mom said, "Her son is not a lawyer. But. Her three daughters and five granddaughters are. The others don't talk to her much because she has more bragging rights than they do!" I asked my mom what she tells the other residents about her children, "Oh, I just say I have eight children and thirty grandchildren and not a lawyer in the bunch!" (which wasn't quite true, though)