View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 12:05 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
most candies cut going to take alittle break from it for now but more then 1/2 done, I am not as talented as some of you who can cut layers and layers of fabric at the same time, mine seem to slip and then that is not productive cause end up having redo's. Right now been on the look put for nice birthday cards that aren't that expensive sine need alot, have been checking at the dollar store for boxes but no one seems to carry them, I know some of you make your cards but 1 I am not that talented and 2 dont really have that amount of time, so have to come up with another idea. What do you guys do?
I buy pretty birthday cards for $.50 to a dollar... at the dollar stores, Fred's or anywhere they have them. They are just as nice as $4 cards! I always look for big ones so I can spread out all the candies inside without the card getting too thick to mail first class. Some people just lay out the candies on a piece of thin cardstock and then cover them with plastic wrap to keep them from shifting, and put that in a business sized envelope. I'd prefer not to get them covered in plastic, as it's a bit of a pain to take it off... but I got plenty like that last year and didn't turn any down, LOL! You just have to find what works for you.