View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 05:49 AM
citruscountyquilter

Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
How do you deposit checks without going to the bank? That would really be a time saver.

Elise
Some banks have an app where you can take a picture of the front and back of the check and then click the option to deposit it. You keep the physical copy of the check. I use it for my rental property as my tenants send their rent in check form.

I use my banking app not only for depositing checks but also for checking balances, transferring money between accounts.

As far as other apps go I use calendar as my main planner, notes to jot things down and make lists, gmail to check my e-mail, facebook, weather, podcasts because I listen to them when I go for walks, yp (yellow pages) to look up what businesses are in the area (where's the nearest gas station, restaurant etc), mapquest (for directions), find friends (to see where family is), RunKeeper (tracks distance and time for running or walking), ecobee (can program my thermostat when I'm not home), Elevation (gives the altitude which I use when traveling in the mountains just for fun), JoAnn's (but I've found their app coupons aren't as good as the paper ones any more - very few 40% off), utilities app that comes with the iPhone (for calculator and alarm clock). I'm sure there's others that I'm not thinking of. Occasionally I even use my phone to make or receive a phone call!