View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 06:40 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I love my iPhone. I didn't think I would when I got my first one, the iPhone 3. I now have a 6. I use it instead of a paper calendar and paper address book. This is backed up to my iMac and the cloud. I am not scared of the cloud. I don't keep passwords memorized on it, so I'm not really worried about security. I just don't want to lose the phone. I am a grandma, so I was surprised to be so into this new technology. There is an app called Cozi which you can use as a calendar/reminder and if you have anyone else to share this with (I share with Mr. Stitchnripper) you can both see what each of you enters and the reminders will go to both. I don't usually talk when I am in line at a store, because whoever I would talk to is at work. But, I do play my games while I am waiting. Nothing that can't be put down when it is my turn. I text with my children and grandchildren. We also talk to each other, so this isn't "instead of" but "in addition to". I put my camera away and only use the phone.

Some people don't want a smart phone and that is fine - personal choice, etc. But it doesn't make the rest of us who do want one less polite, less interested in personal contact, etc. To each his own and there will be rude people with or without a smart phone.

My apps are Cozi, Yahoo Weather, Words With Friends, Scramble with Friends, Hanging with Friends, Temple Run 2, JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels, Facebook, ones of the airlines we use, Kindle, Overdrive, some radio stations I listen to on wifi, some TV apps I can watch shows on, on wifi, although I don't do this very often. I have an icon for the quilting board, although there isn't an app, but it is on my screen so I can just tap it. And various miscellaneous ones.