View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:20 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
I am going to be working on three wall hangings (using the 2" fusible grid) using nightgowns and pillow cases from a woman who has passed. I will be glad to finish these because the colors I was presented are mostly bland colors and the lady just wants a scrappy look. Here is what I have come up with so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510055[/ATTACH]

On the second one I have rearranged the 9 patch blocks so there is a flow in the color scheme. I don't have a picture of the new arrangement yet.

The 3rd one is simply a scrappy of miscellaneous blocks with a heart shaped applique of one of the gowns in the center and I don't have a picture of it.

I don't think I will ever do one of these again for someone else unless it is a gift.
Now that the weekend is over, this is what I accomplished on the three wall hangings. Remember I am working with fusible grid. All three are pressed onto the grid and are waiting to be sewn together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510567[/ATTACH]

The long scrappy one will have a fusible heart from one of the gowns in the center of it

Also I took the neckline of one of the gowns and put it on an acid free comic board and framed it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510568[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]510569[/ATTACH]

Here is the 2nd one I have chosen to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510570[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1124.jpg   img_1127.jpg   img_1128.jpg   front-nightgown.jpg   neckline-night-gown.jpg  

img_1126.jpg