Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
(1) You can make handling a quilt this size easier by suspending the quilt. Leah Day does this. Also check the QB for quilters who have purchased the Jenoop system: http://www.jennoop.com/suspenders.html or made their own from PVC.

(2) The cotton and wool battings would want to grab each other; however, I would still use a very light layer of basting spray between them.

(3) Shrinkage should not be a problem as long as your quilting lines are at least moderately close together -- I would estimate no more than 3" or so apart. The quilting stitches "bond" the two layers together within the small confine between quilting lines. Any differences in shrinkage within such a small area would be unnoticeable.
Thank you for your thorough reply Prism99! I have a suspension system set up for my Sweet 16 which does work marvelously and wouldn't want to quilt without it now, so am good on that front. However, I do ditch all my straight lines on my Janome 6600 before taking my quilts to the Sweet 16 and see that Buckeye Rose also quilts with that macine without issue so sounds like I'm all set. Thanks everyone one for your responses and encouragement on this. Was afraid I might be crazy to try it, but feel better about it having heard from you. Will post pics when I'm done, but it'll be a couple of months I suspect ��.