Old 02-18-2015, 03:36 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I love this idea and I can see a wicker baby stroller for display and storage too. You are very creative and if doing this on a regular basis, finding pieces and working the theme is perfect. smaller space, smaller pieces and bigger.......
I like it.
peace
Thanks Ube ... I know a lot of others don't see it this way. And oh, a wicker stroller would be so lovely!

What I saw was a good way to contain the quilts on display, while encouraging the potential customers to touchy-feely. It's a sales strategy that if the customer touches, there is more of a chance a purchase will result. Plus it would be good and stable. Add on that if someone looks at the quilt, and does not fold it back up properly, it can easily be contained inside the crib, without fear of it falling on the floor.

Even the nicely folded quilts on a table can be an avalanche waiting to happen.

So many times I have been at shows, and been interested, but not looked, let alone touched, because the display was not inviting .... or appeared just too flimsy that I didn't want to risk being the one who caused a crash! (and yes, I have been at a show, where I saw a display of quilts, go down!)

With so many people having vans and the like now, a crib could be filled at home, and carried in to a show, ready for a quick set up. Likewise the side dresser that I suggested for the office!