View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Jeanne S

Originally Posted by Kimberli View Post
Great job! I am particularly interested in the second one. I saw a quilt like this named Fractions and have not been able to find it since. Which pattern is this. I'm really wanting to make this for my step son for his wedding using batiks....
I did not have a pattern for either quilt. But here is how I made the second quilt:
FRONT: the blocks finish at 10" square. Each block has a print center that is cut 10 1/2" x 6 1/2". The two white side pieces are cut 10 1/2" x 2 1/2". Sew the two white pieces to each long side of the print rectangle. Alternate the placement--one horizontal and the next vertical. No sashing or borders!
BACK: each block finishes at 12" square. For each print fabric, cut two rectangles 12 1/2" x 5 1/2". For each block cut one solid (black in mine) color 12 1/2" x 2 1/2" and sew the solid strip in the middle of the two print rectangles. That is your block! Cut another 12 1/2" x 2 1/2" sold strip to sew between each block, making the rows as long as you want them. I then added sashing in the same solid color (black) horizontally between each row. No borders.

if you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!! Both are really easy.