View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Dedemac

I was a Big City kid born in the late 50's, everything came from the grocery store, but remember having the same thing every Monday because of Scouts. ( Have 4 brothers ) Spaghetti from a box!, Friday at least twice a month was Pizza night, from a box also. We were treated on holidays to home made Macaroni and cheese. I still make it for my husband at least 4 times a year. Soo good but not low fat!!!! Breakfast was cereal every morning either hot or cold. I still eat cereal but can't do instant oats or cream of wheat, the regular cooking variety is great in the microwave. And waffles and pancakes were still dinner choices on Sunday. I don't remember when we started calling those things Breakfast dinner we very seldom had them for breakfast. Since then I have added biscuits and gravy with eggs to Breakfast dinner. Fondest memory was walking three blocks to Morrie's corner store with a quarter and getting a big bag of candy, he had the glass front displays and you could tell them how many of each thing you wanted. Wrote on the bag with a pencil what the total cost was so our moms could see what we spent. And rice was desert, milk sugar and cinnamon!