Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. it is the first quilt I have done since a year ago last November...with all the eye sight problems behind me (I hope) its nice to be sewing again. Its a birthday gift for a long time friend, more than some almost 49 years now. BF Susan finally made it to see Dr. Clark and she has been going blind the last seven years due to cataracts on both eyes....he told her not to drive until they are removed. Don't know why she was in denial so bad, but hoping she does follow the Dr's orders.

March 24, 2015 will be our 49th wedding anniversary; planning a trip to Hickory Park in Ames, Iowa, to celebrate the occasion if weather permits. Everyone is welcome to join us there...hopefully Quilter 65 and her husband will drive us, and pick up BF Susan and her husband on the way. Who knows if we will make it to the big 50, so we will celebrate this year and can repeat it next year, God willing. Longest married couple still living is reported to be on the Eastern part of the USA with 81 years of marriage. Both are 99 and living in assisted living quarters. Wow.