View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 AM
quiltingcandy

I love containers! Plastic boxes, old pill bottles, the list goes on. And my dad was one of those people that could see a second life in almost anything so I know where I get it. After my mom passed away and I was cleaning out his painting area (he did watercolor painting) I found these little plastic containers that are about 2 inches high with a snap on lid and I realized they were used to put 35 mm film in, I got them in high school when I took a photography class back in 1971. There were 3 of them and it was touching that he had kept them all those years so I brought them home with me in 2009. Today I came across them trying to organize all the rotary blades I have - new and used. And guess what - those used blades fit in those containers like they were made for each other. (I also found out I have 20 new 45 mm blades and 15 new 28 mm blades. Didn't count the used blades. Seems I keep buying them when I see a good sale - guess I need to pass on the next sale or two.) So it only goes to say, one should never throw anything away that may be of use 44 years from now. :-)

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 02-20-2015 at 12:39 AM.