View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:22 AM
Macybaby

I'm considering it, though I keep getting confused as to exactly what is being talked about. I looked around more yesterday and "think" I may have a better idea. many of the row qults seem to be just rows of different blocks, but some do make more of a picture, but still noticable rows.

I found this page (third picture down) - is this sort of what this Row Robin is about?

http://quiltedleaf.weebly.com/mystery-history.html

I've got two ideas - going off the theme

One is the family farm (gone now), I though I could do the sky, back fields, house and granery, shop and newer red barn, old red barn and then forground. I figured I could run the "driveway" vertically up the quilt as the buildings would be laid out like they actually were. I've also got a lot of clothing from both my parents that I can incorporate in, so it will be sort of a "memory" quilt too. I have wanted to do some sort of memory quilt - I already did up sketches of the buildings, but so far nothing I've though of seemed "right", but I think this could.

The second idea is a flower garden, because gardening is my other passion - and that would work out well. Same basic idea of a garden path that goes up into the garden, with the back row being the sky, and the front being at my feet. I'd make a trellis with a rounded top for the boarder.

I'd incorporate some of my favorite aspects of the gardens I've had at the three different homes I've lived in as an adult - so it will be "made up" but based on parts of real gardens.

I've already found a "sky" I really like. I found some really neat night-time skys too.

On a side note, after looking at some row quilts, I was considering doing one that was the "garden" in each season, but that would not end up with an overall "picture" - which I think this project is intended to be.