View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Elisabrat

One love love love that selection of traditional row robins posted by cj? It is a terrific picture and I hope that everyone gives it a look wow the photos shown on just that one page! same with pinterest.. check out row robin quilts and you will find so many ideas. I am drawing today my sketch. I figure its one step at a time, I have a block for a boom that is due so gotta get that one done and then I am free to work on this. One step at a time. I figure I am recovering from my last surgery but if I do a little each day I will accomplish a lot! ok little every other day as I have clinic on tues, thur and Sat and boy am I so tired those days I can only sleep. a good 4 hour nap and I am semi ok. so Mon Wed Fr and Sun are open to me still and with that I can finish a few blocks a month surely I can! love coming here and talking with all of you. It keeps my spirits up and my heart smiling so thank you. Question: do you want me to post each month photos of quilt rows done in the traditional way or do you want to see blocks done in another fashion? clarifying traditional. Christmas theme equals blocks say a row or bells. or a row or stockings. a non traditional theme is more: a sky, a middle ground picture .. and so on? I can only do so much so if I am posting for three themes per month I need to know! I will show only one block and how I did it. other themes will be shared by members here who are doing something completely different. If I had a person doing a traditional theme row robin who would like to do those postings let me know! then I will do the non traditional theme. with ideas of other quilts being shared by you each month there will be lots to pick from and inspirations to be grabbed! I will post pictures this weekend of the fabrics I have chosen for the sky. I have lots of fat quarters (all piled neatly in color stacks thank Heaven!) and several blues to pull from. Yahoo! no shopping required! light cream and gray for sky variations and I am golden! then to figure out how to start my first row so I can share it with you on the 2nd. Its coming up quick so keep thinking! and peaking all over the internet and share cool photos you find for ideas in your category!