View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I'm still waiting on a few Candy Cards too and my bday was the 3rd. It's made me vow to be better about being on time with EVERYONES birthday this year!
Yes... it's quite lonely to have your birthday come and go without hearing from some of the members of the swap. You feel forgotten, and even tho you may get the cards later, it just doesn't have the same feeling. PLEASE, let's ALL resolve to mail the candies for receipt ON or BEFORE each birthday. It really does make a difference.

Here's an easy way to stay on top of it: Get your cards and cut your candy in advance. You don't have to cut it all in advance, just as long as you prepare a few month's worth of envelopes in advance. Before those are all gone, start preparing some more. Then the birthdays can't sneak up on you and when you get the notices towards the end of each month, you are ready to put the cards in the mail!

Barring a sudden death, we all know when we are going to be away from home for vacation, babies being born, or business travel. So plan ahead and mail that card before you go... don't wait until you get back and get around to it. Traveling is really not an excuse for a late birthday card.

Last year's swap was so much fun, but I hope we can do better this year and not have people saying they only received 2/3 of their packages by their birthday. That just hurts my heart.

Looking forward to this new year and getting to know both newbies and old friends even better!