Old 02-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Quilter 65

Default Jeanne S's Modern Floral Irish Twist--Now need border help, please!

Jeanne S. posted such a beautiful quilt and generously shared the way she had done it. Here is my version. I was ready for simple squares after two rather complicated quilts and really liked the way it has turned out, so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]511115[/ATTACH]
My dilemma is that I don't have enough of either floral to enlarge it. It needs to be larger for my purposes. I do have a light and dark floral print in smaller design that compliments the larger, but didn't really like that either. Thought it looked rather mishmashed. I have looked at Google, Pinterest, Eleanor Burns' book, and any other books and pictures I could think of for ideas. Am auditioning a Seminole border. Am wondering if Seminole in some combination and using quilting for texture in the plain borders? Tried green as the stop border, but too dark. Any ideas or insights would be gratefully considered. Here are my ideas so far:[ATTACH=CONFIG]511119[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511120[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511125[/ATTACH]I have enough to use a square of large print in darker background to float the squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511128[/ATTACH]

Or do you think strips of black, pink, black would be better with texture added by quilting. The top is so pretty, thanks to Jeanne's pretty design, that I don't want it to be bordered with "what was she thinking?" My computer and I are at odds so don't know how the final post will look. Bear with me, please.
Attached Thumbnails 100_4922-small-.jpg   100_4911-small-.jpg   100_4914-small-2-.jpg   100_4920-small-.jpg   100_4921-small-.jpg