View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:27 PM
BDor

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by BDor
I got a Janome DC4030--nothing fancy. Just wanted something that I could take to classes and retreats that was not so heavy. I tried a Janome Gem but did not like it (loved the weight). This one is heavier than the Gem but still lots lighter than my old Simplicity Quilters Classic and it has all the stiches that I will ever use.

Beverly
Beverly, I am curious what you didn't like about the Janome Jem? I have the Jem Platinum and take it to classes with me (have it in the car for class tonight LOL). The Jem is a really nice machine, IMO. I also have a Janome Memory Craft 9000 that I still love after having it over 10 years!

I looked at a Bernina Artista 155 last night. It's new in the box, but I suspect it has been hanging around the store for a couple of years. I'm thinking about buying it anyway because Bernina's seem to do so well with stippling.

This is a great thread. It's wonderful to see what new machines people got right around Christmas!

I though the one I got made a terrible noise when you started sewing, made a grinding noise, carried it back to have it checked and the man who checked it said that was just a normal noise. I brought it home but was still not happy, called
the store where I got it and talked with one of the sales ladies and she told me she thought the machine made a bad noise too. Told me to bring it back if I wasn't happy and get another machine. I guess I just got a bad one and did not want to try another jem.

Love the one I have now.

Beverly