View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 AM
Elisabrat

m-fay wish I could help you. I would do it in strips myself. I like a sky done in horizontal strips. this way you can piece some of one some of another color and end up with a variety of colors that meld together. Also just me but I would applique a sun on the fabric and have the sky tones come right up to it (applique on fabric but after the strips are done. Mark your fabric where you want the applique to go and don't run stripes under it but up to it so there is not a lot of extra thickness to your fabric. just me. how you would do it is your choice! pm if you have any questions but there are lots of players here who quilt better than me just send a pm and ask them! I do things as simple as I can. I have done snippet art work before my favorite is a western scene that is on my wall of two cowboys on horses coming towards you and away from the mountains. I started that one by doing the sky then the mountains then the desert then the cowboys in forefront. There is a book called snippets I think that I got the idea from. She did simple wreaths and things but I thought if you could do that.. you could do.. and well there started the painting with fabric thing fused it all down most pieces are pinky size. way to use up your scraps big time. just fuse a piece of your scraps at least 4x4 and then cut little pieces with your scissors randomly over the fabric as you go. some smaller than others. whola! you end up with something you like. I strongly recommend you sketch lightly on your fabric what you want placed there. ie for me drew some very basic horses (I cant draw) and some plant spaces and then mountains and such behind them so I knew where I wanted things to drop. moved the fabric I cut with tweezers. its a super fun thing to do and heck you have the fabric... why not try something new? you don't need to know how to draw or paint. You just have to have fun so I am taking this idea and transferring it to this quilting project. pick a picture and reproduce it or part of it in a quilty fashion. (think I made up quilty not sure it sure doesn't look right!). I will have at least one block of my row done by the 2nd so if you want to start on yours a bit early go for it. come on over and start on mine for me too! lol.