Old 02-23-2015, 04:46 PM
elly66

Honestly a quilt for my mother-in-law. She picked the colors and pattern. I was fine with this - she has great taste. The pattern was too complicated for me but I marched on. Spent close to a year off and on working on it.
Started to put it together and the blocks weren't equal. Didn't have enough fabric left to make new ones (too many were like this) and couldn't find one of the fabrics anyway. So I continued on easing seams as best I could.
Literally groaning and gritting my teeth. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have finished no matter how much that expensive fabric was!! I hated that thing. Finally finished as best I could, quilted down - did the binding. Sigh of relief. Three days after she received it, she calls to tell me everything that's wrong with it. That stupid thing is still on her bed after 10+ years!!
After a time stepping back from a quilt, I'm usually a little more forgiving of my mistakes or whatever I didn't like about it - not this thing. However after five years I did stop gritting my teeth when I would see it