Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Nice train ride Honchey....I'm at the same point....trying to decide if I want to do the sashings or try another layout. I used just 2 fabrics in the outer triangles drawing from the stash for them.
Just finished the chevron upcycled baby quilt to get it in the mail tomorrow...will take a pic before I pack it up.
Mudroom rugs---think of the rag denim quilts, but denim on both sides instead of flannel or some other fabric. They work great in the mud room as they soak up all sorts of wet snow melt off the boots...When dirty they go into the wash with DH's jeans...have a batch in the washer right now. This is what a dirty one looks like..... I make them all sizes depending on size of denim cuts. I really like the ones about 36 x 48 -54 inches long. The last one I made I used 1" seams instead of 1/2" seams and really like the longer fringes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]511384[/ATTACH] I have to watch these like a hawk as they go outside to be used as a wet tractor seat cover or used for a quick rub down of a baby calf or an improvised calf coat. They would work great in garages, too.
Really tired and need to be on the road tomorrow early....must get this blanket ready to mail too. Night all.
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg