View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 10:06 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Joanie2 View Post
Aside from the usual left hander issues like switching sides for the blade on your rotary cutter the best and most helpful hit I can offer you is to make some row markers. I have always had an issue when working with a right handed helper. When 2 blocks are handed to me to sew I would invariably sew the pair together on the wrong side since the right hander would stack blocks one way and I would stack the opposite. You can purchase block markers (small squares of mylar with the Row # on it) or you can make your own set. Simply cut a whole bunch of 3" squares using a template plastic or even colored paper. Punch 2 holes in the middle and then mark them Row 1A>, 1B> and so on. I made enough so that I could mark up to 12 rows across and down. Insert your pin in one hole and out the other to keep the paper/plastic from turning. By using this method to mark my block placement I could pick them up at any time and not get them mixed up. Hope this helps you.
i cut up a sheet of "art foam" into 1"x2" rectangles, punched a hole in them, and numbered one set with permanent marker, and put letters on the second set, so now I can mark rows and columns with my quilting pins. Cost me a quarter since the sheets were 4 for a dollar at the dollar store, and I already owned the hole punch and felt pen. Dirt cheap is my favorite price.