View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by sval View Post
What weight thread would you recommend? I use the 50 weight from Connecting Threads. I have the needle moved over to the right enough to make a nice scant quarter inch. I am trying to be so precise and accurate, sewing slower, etc. So when it doesn't come out right, it ceases to be fun.
I have been wondering about which foot is best for accuracy. I have opted for one of the walking feet because it allows for the fabric edge to be on the feed dogs. And also a nice scant seam allowance. But is a big foot. As the quilt block progresses I find I like a walking foot when I'm joining over seams.
I've always heard practice makes perfect. But I've been practicing a really long time. And sometimes feel I can't sew a straight seam. UGH
I use Aurifil, especially for small items like this. Its strong cotton but only two ply. My teacher told me this when I had trouble with my small civil war blocks; you'd be amazed at how much difference that makes. Plus I also use a scant 1/4 in just to make sure. Its like a thread width narrower than 1/4 in