View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM
MFord

Default 99k - trouble with bobbin winder

I think I know now why this machine ended up at Goodwill! I can't get it to wind a bobbin properly, even though everything moves as I think it should. First - it looks like the bobbin tire is not set properly - it sits right where the belt meets the hub, and I don't know which it is supposed to press against.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511575[/ATTACH]

So, the contact isn't good. The tire will spin, then stop, then spin again, making for a completely useless bobbin. I'm using the cheap 66 bobbins from JoAnns, but I don't think that is the problem here.

The manual says to loosen a certain screw, press the bobbin tire closer, then tighten the screw. This doesn't do any good. So, should the whole tire be over farther in one direction or another? And how doe one move it? Should there be a washer in the mechanism to move the tire over by the hub.

Also, this is a Simanco bobbin tire. It looks ok to me, but this is the only machine I have with a bobbin tire, so don't know what it's supposed to look like. It's a bit soft and mushy.

Guess I'll go try the rubber band method while waiting for your always helpful replies!
Attached Thumbnails bobbin-winder-99k.jpg