Old 02-26-2015, 04:57 AM
dakotamaid

Originally Posted by sval View Post
I am just finishing up a Civil War Legacies quilt kit from CT. It is a miniature wall hanging. It was very challenging since the pieces are small. Also, there are 8 pinwheel blocks.
So I'm looking at it from a distance today and wondering why it isn't thrilling me. I remember loving it when I ordered it. I got the picture out that came with it. It looks nothing the same. The cloth that came in the kit isn't at all like the picture. The background fabric is a solid off white, whereas the picture shows more of a beighish shirting. All the fabrics are much more muted and complimentary in the picture for a more overall blended look. Mine the pieces are popping out of the quilt in a not good way.
I know kits state that the fabrics might not be the same, but similar. These have affected the whole look of the quilt. I'm not sure I even want to hang it up. That is if I finish the binding.
Because I put a piece of muslin on the back since it is going on the wall. Why is it so difficult to hand sew through such open weave? It seems it should be easier.
I'm reminded of the old saying "Buyer beware"
SVAL
Try tea dying it. It will help mute the colors and make it more antique looking. Just a thought.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...ions-for-Dyin/