View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:53 AM
w1613s

Do not feel alone. You have plenty of brothers and sisters out here.

I have a small-ish spiral bound notebook about the length of a stick pen. It seldom leaves me. It has scribbled notes, lists, phone numbers, ongoing To Do lists, miserable drawings of things/ideas I want tokeep track of. One notebook per year. I lovingly refer to it /them as my brain. Every once on a while I leaf through the current one. Less often the ones for other years. Yes, I keep them from year to year.

They are good for information but to also keep mental, physical, and emotional track of where you are in this life. The years that my dad was sick and dying. The year and odd months that it took to settle his very simple estate. Not a very happy time around here but important when it is important to remember how we all did it together and to feel the blessings we received during the process. This year we are going to be able to get Dad "home" for burial. Complete with the tv remote and his Eagle Scout badge. (The funeral home didn't even turn a hair.) We all grin to think of what he'll have to say as well as the ones who have gone before and the ones who will come after him.

Welcome to the list makers group!

Pat