Thread: Quilting group
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Buckeye Rose

After reading your post, all I could do is laugh because I have a family member that thinks because I have some sewing skills that I should be doing all her mending and anything that she decides I should make for her....all free of course....and now she is expecting a new grandbaby and expects me to make her a new diaper bag, bassinet pad and skirting, etc.....I told her to buy the fabric and then I will start.....that was several weeks ago and nothing from her since!.....I would take a few steps back and examine the group of ladies again....what will be the purpose of the group?.....do they just want to make quilts, or do they want to make and donate to charity?....does everyone at least have a sewing machine (with a dsm they can at least learn quilting basics)....do you know any of these ladies on a personal basis, enough that you can determine if they have any committment issues ( there are lots of people out there who will tell you that they will do something and then disappear).....after answering these basic questions you should be able to determine what your involvement will be and if you really want to start this group.