View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Janice McC

Here's my final block for Bee. I was worried it was too cutesy or not right but Bee likes it. Whew!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]511828[/ATTACH]

Bee has a much loved dog named Holly who has been a good friend for many years and her mom loves Holly. As soon as I found that out, I knew I had to make a dog. It was a great challenge, but it was a lot of fun once I tossed out my worry about doing things the "right" way. The nose is (imperfectly) stuffed and needle-turned applique. The eyes are these old, old shank buttons from my MIL and they shine as they move. And the "tag" is another fun shank button. But the ears are what I really love, attached only at the top and floppy, and they are peach underneath. ( I should also say that I found a pic of a dog block I liked online and used it as a basis for my block. The original was pp'd but as this is not my strength, I modified it so this is not an original design.)

Here's something I almost never say, I'm proud of this block. It's far from perfect but it was put together with so much love and fun. Yup, the word is proud.
Attached Thumbnails 001-copy.jpg   005-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-27-2015 at 09:58 AM.