View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Bee Beatty

Good Morning Boomers!

I wish I could find the words that would accurately describe the joy I have experienced today! First, all my siblings (there are five of us - I am the oldest) arrived here yesterday afternoon to spend time 4 days visiting Mom and offering support for her care giving. Last night, we had so much fun remembering the events of growing up - eating laughing and talking until late. I went to bed feeling blessed. They had stopped over to see Mom earlier.

Holly, our golden retriever sat up with us and I mean sat up.....her butt on the floor and ears propped up as though she understood every word.

This morning I started my day as always....first make coffee......then wash face...brush teeth....take medicine....and look at I-pad to see what happened in the world while I was sleeping. When I checked my e-mail, there was Holly sitting looking at me...the block was so precious that it brought me to tears! And the floppy ears reminded me of how she "raises" her ears when she instinctively becomes engaged in the conversation. Janice had captured her "persona" without ever seeing her. I loved it immediately! It was exactly how it should be.....authentic expression from the hand of the creator. One-day I too, may be sitting on the porch not sure of where I am or how i got there.....but I know one thing - I will always remember this block and the person who made it.

Thank you all for the blocks you made. They are each perfect because they are authentic. I can't wait to see them all together!. What a beautiful quilt it will be.

Janice, I hope you get outside that box more often......it just may be where you are at your absolute best!

Love Bee

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 02-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.