Thread: Hoarding
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Genden

Default Hoarding

When does the accumulation of fabric stash and quilting equipment and supplies cross the line to the "H" word? Does the quilter view the accumulation differently than the husband? Perhaps these are loaded questions, but I am evaluating my stash, hopefully with a clear head. My husband says, my, you have a lot of fabric as he rolls his eyes. My rule has always been that I don't buy a piece of fabric or a tool unless I have a purpose for it. I don't buy a piece of fabric just because I love it and hope to find a project for it later. I do have a sizeable stack now of fat quarters and half yards I have purchased for piecing and applique projects that just didn't work out along with the project leftovers. I tend to buy a little more than I will need in case I make a mistake. I have a real fear of running out of fabric mid project. I also have about four pieces of more yardage that I thought would make good backing fabric, but the match hasn't been just right yet. When is it time to rehome some of this stack?