Thread: Hoarding
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:27 PM
cathyvv

Poor Darling! You don't have nearly enough fabric to get you through a fabric emergency!

I have way more fabric than you and have no problem adding to the stash. Maybe I should, but I don't. MY DH can't say too much about my stash because I have watched, sometimes not patiently, him fill up our home with his hobby stuff to the point where I actually moved to another state to make him understand that there was no longer room in our home for me...

Lucky for me, he soon followed. I think he made the right decision and so does he, so it all worked out.

Our new (8 years old) home has 5 garages and a bonus room. Half of his collection(s) are here and the other half is in the old house. I wasn't sewing when we bought this house, had no idea how much I would enjoy quilting and how much of the enjoyment comes from looking at fabric and buying it, so it now seems too small for both of our hobby addictions.

I am not buying as much fabric now since I have truly run out of places to put it. I don't save scraps because I don't use them. The are given away to be added to someone elses stash.