Thread: Hoarding
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 05:49 AM
charlottequilts

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
I used to buy only what I needed for a project, didn't really have a stash. But now, it seems that the print on fabrics is such poor quality. Old fabrics were precise and detailed, today's are blurry. Today's Christmas fabrics are weird colors, and it's hard to find attractive prints that aren't licensed. I wish that I had bought more of what was interesting in years past, because sometimes I walk out of a store with nothing. Unless you are downsizing or have a reason to have to get rid of some, I would keep it.
I agree completely. I used to say that I'd never met a Christmas fabric I didn't like, but no more. I have 2 baskets the size of banker boxes, and I'm lucky to have them. The newer fabrics will never go with them, and while I do like a few, it hasn't made sense to bring any home.

A lot of my stash seems to come from buying the wrong thing. I am very particular about color and tend to come home with things that work, but somehow don't fit the total mix. I have a banker box-size accumulation of peach rejects from the last project, enough to make 2 more quilts. Perhaps I'll become more fond of it in time.

hugs,
Charlotte