View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 PM
AChristina

Default VP not attending meetings

I'm president of a very small quilt guild, we average about 6 - 12 members at our monthly meetings and workshops. We held elections last November and this is the first time I've held office. Our VP, who has held that office for at least 3 years that I know of, said she would be willing to serve again, so she was re-elected. We've had 6 meetings/group activities since then and she hasn't attended any of them. We sold items at a craft show just before Christmas our members had made to raise funds for our guild, she didn't donate items or her time. We've made quilts for a local foster family, 27 in all, with fabric that was donated to the guild, she didn't finish her quilt. She hasn't attended regular meetings or workshops, but she's the first in line if she's at meeting where fabric has been donated to be used by the guild or if members had brought in unwanted fabric or sewing tools. She says she'll come to the next meeting, but the day of or before, she says she isn't up to it. We know she has health problems but how many meetings would you let her miss before you speak up? Our Treasurer, Secretary and I feel 2 more missed meetings and we need to replace her with someone who is willing to donate their time and skills. Any ideas on how to do this tactfully would be greatly appreciated.