Thread: Hoarding
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 07:46 AM
judith ann

" If you have not used any of a particular fabric in over 2 years, get rid of it. It's not inspiring you enough to make something. "
I recently used fabric I have had since the 80's. I like each and every piece of fabric I have every purchased. I buy some just because I like it,with no idea what I will do with it. I make more than quilts. Crafting is how I got started with my fabric stash. Dolls, doll clothes, bears & stuffed animals, etc. Yesterday I went shopping in my stash and found a perfect piece for a spring doll dress. It is from the 90's.
Shopping in my fabric is as fun as shopping at a store. I find things I forgot I had. I have 3 wardrobe size cupboards and several totes. Some would say if you forgot then you have too much. I say it is eye candy and I love sorting and organizing the shelves to find just the right piece of fabric for a project.
I am teaching an 11 year old friend, to sew, and she loves picking out fabric for her projects from my stash. She asked how long it took me to collect my fabric. I told her 35 or 40 years.